Let the music in tonight and join Old Town Academy Charter School for an evening of celebrating growth and community on “the Dock of the Bay”.
On Saturday, April 21st, the Old Town Academy Parent Foundation brings you “The Beat Grows On” charity Gala event and as a community it provides an opportunity for us to come together to help raise money for our amazing school programs that set us apart from the rest.
This year, we are hosting the event at the scenic and iconic Broadway Port Pavilion overlooking the beautiful San Diego Bay. All the proceeds raised at the Gala will to helping OTA grow our music and other extracurricular activities. So, get your live auction paddles ready and make your way to the Bay for an exciting evening of live music, dancing, tasty bites, wine and beer tasting from some of the best wineries and breweries in the world, and some pretty incredible live auction items you won’t be able to pass up.
Your presence alone helps fund OTA tremendously, the charity Gala event is our biggest fundraiser of the year and we depend on ticket sales just as much as our live auction earnings. Please purchase your tickets today!
Please register before April 18, 2018
Come dressed in your best cocktail formal attire.
TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING RECOMMENDATIONS
We recommend you take a taxi/Uber/Lift as the nights festivities and open bar tends to impair driving.
- We’re more than a school. We are a COMMUNITY of like-minded parents. Communities are strong when PEOPLE INTERACT. Interaction can be tough when you’re BUSY. The Gala is an amazing time to strengthen social bonds, which strengthens our school community.
- We receive 33% less money than public schools, yet we test highest in all of SD Unified? How? Financial support from parents and donors. Other public schools demand $360 from every student, collected in class by teachers, to make up for the deficit between funding and operational costs. Donating and participating in events like Jog-a-thon, OTA Gala, and The Osprey Auction are fun ways to give, with rewards both social and material.
- The “Beat Grows On” location on the beautiful and scenic Broadway Port Pavilion Pier, outstanding entertainment, DJ Damon, raffle and auction items are going to ROCK, so MARK YOUR CALENDAR’s for the 4/21/2018 OTA Gala.
- Our operational budget has been stretched to cover a full-time STEM teacher, full-time PE teacher, two part-time music teachers (piano & guitar) and a part-time Spanish teacher.
- Helping to maintain our small school atmosphere, OTA have an amazing group of teachers, which are supported as well by three K-3 aides and Education Specialist.
- Not only do we know it as the school our children love, but now in its 7th year, OTA is considered one of the most innovative schools in all of San Diego County.
- OTA’s music, art, physical education, Spanish, and STEM programs assure students are well-rounded in all aspects of their educational development.
- Although the California Assessments of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) do not drive our instruction, our students perform very well due to our advanced common-core aligned curriculum.
- We facilitate rigorous instruction, through a balance of Core Knowledge, Project-Based Learning, and Digital Literacy.
- The 2015-2016 CAASPP results prove that, as Old Town Academy was ranked #1 out of all San Diego middle school students!
- All of this happens because of people like you, parents and most importantly the students! Together we can help OTA grow into one of the most sought after charter schools in San Diego.
More ways to show your OTA Support
OSPREY ONLINE AUCTION